Apple, Pear & Cranberry Crisp
by Robert Landolphi, Chef, Quick-Fix Gluten Free, Hampton, Connecticut
Crisps are easy to make and serve, and they’re great for the end of summer when fresh seasonal fruits are abundant.
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 pound McIntosh or Granny Smith apples
- 1 pound Bosc pears
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup (Certified Gluten-Free) old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 11- by 7-inch baking dish with food release spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, lemon juice, and orange juice.
Peel, core, and thinly slice apples and pears. Add to granulated sugar mixture along with dried cranberries, toss to coat, and pour evenly into baking dish.
In medium bowl, stir together oats, brown rice flour, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
Spread evenly on top of fruit, and bake until golden brown 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.