Using strips of pan-ready Certified Piedmontese stir-fry beef saves you an extra step in this simple, one-pan, weeknight meal.
- 1 (16-ounce) package Certified Piedmontese stir fry beef
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oil, plus more as needed for cooking
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 3 scallions, sliced (dark green parts reserved)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 cups bean sprouts
Combine the beef, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons of oil; mix well and set aside.
Heat a wok over high heat until oil just begins to smoke. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in the wok and sear the beef. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Add the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and white and light green parts of the scallions, and garlic and stir fry for one to two minutes. Add the vinegar in a circle around the perimeter of the wok.
Add the cooked noodles and beef back to the pan and mix well from the bottom up for about one additional minute. Add the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt, dark green part of scallions, bean sprouts, and sugar snap peas. Mix well and stir fry for another minute, or until any remaining liquid has evaporated. Serve warm with additional scallions for garnish.