by Benjamin Maides, Chef, Au Courant Regional Kitchen, Omaha, Nebraska
This recipe takes a classic flavor combo up a notch with a kick of spicy Sriracha.
- 4 (6-ounce) Certified Piedmontese burger patties
- 2 tablespoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoon pepper, divided
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon, cooked until golden brown and crispy
Season burger patties with salt and pepper and grill to medium rare. Toast buns with butter. Combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, relish and Sriracha with the remaining salt and pepper and spread on top and bottom buns. Assemble the burgers: Arrange butter lettuce leaves and tomato slices on bottom buns, stack with burger and slices of bacon, then top bun. Serve immediately.
Pairing: Zipline Hibiscus Saison