Classic Balsamic Marinade
Makes enough marinade for 32 ounces of steak
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 (8-ounce) Certified Piedmontese steaks or 32 ounces of your favorite Certified Piedmontese beef cut
In a blender, combine the garlic, rosemary, oregano, mustard, and vinegar and purée until the garlic is minced. With the blender on, gradually add the oil and blend until creamy. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Divide the meat between two large sealable plastic bags (2 steaks in each bag). Pour the marinade over top and turn the meat to coat. Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.