Grilled Flank Steak With Fresh Corn Succotash
by T.J Daveldek, Chef, Lucky, Roanoke, Virginia
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Transfer steak to a glass baking dish, pour the marinade over the top, and cover. Marinate for 24 hours, flipping once.
Fresh Corn Succotash
- 4 ears sweet corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 2 cups fava or lima beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup water
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Lemon juice
In a pan on medium high heat, heat a tablespoon of oil. Add corn and beans. Season with salt and pepper and cook until colors brighten. Add tomatoes, being careful not to overcook. Remove from heat.
Deglaze pan with ¼ cup water. Add herbs and sour cream and let reduce to sauce consistency. Add lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill steak to desired temperature and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak and serve over succotash topped with sauce.