Grilled New York Strip With Horseradish Compound Butter
by Volker Lutz, Chef, Vineyard Gourmet Catering, Temecula, California
- 4 Certified Piedmontese New York strip steaks
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Micro celery or celery leaves for garnish
Preheat grill to high heat.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Rest the steaks for 5 to 10 minutes before serving for perfect juiciness throughout. Top with the Horseradish Compound Butter (recipe follows) and garnish with micro celery or celery leaves.
Horseradish Compound Butter
- ½ pound unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces freshly grated horseradish
- 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until everything is mixed well. Then run at full speed for 30 seconds. Scoop the mixture onto plastic wrap and roll tightly, so that no air pockets remain. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, before slicing and serving with your steak.