Does it get any better than grilled pineapple? These simple summer kabobs pair it with steak for sweet-and-savory perfection.
- ½ cup orange juice (about 2 navel oranges, juiced)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package Certified Piedmontese® kabob beef
- 16 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (for serving)
Combine orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepot over medium heat. Stir and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
Add beef, pineapple cubes, bell peppers, and red onions to a large sealable plastic bag. Add the cooled marinade to the bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, flipping the bag halfway.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and oil the grate. Thread the skewers, alternating between pieces of pepper, steak, onion, and pineapple. Grill the kabobs over medium heat for about 12 minutes, turning several times, or until beef reaches desired doneness. Transfer to a serving plate and top with fresh scallions.