Jerk Beef Kabobs With Spicy Herb Rub
by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
- 1 pound Certified Piedmontese ribeye, diced
- 1 pound assorted peppers, cut into cubes for kabobs
- Skewers, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
In a dry sauté pan over medium heat, combine all the spices and toast until fragrant (approximately one minute), agitating several times to be sure they don’t burn. Let the spices cool, then transfer to a spice grinder and blend into a powder. Rub the beef with the seasoning and let it rest for at least 30 minutes before lacing onto kabob skewers, alternating slices of pepper with beef.
Preheat the grill to 400°F. Grill the kabobs for 9 to 10 minutes, rotating as needed. Serve immediately.