Juicy Grilled Sliders With Tangy Sweet Sauce
These bite-sized burgers are as delicious as they are fun. Enjoy them plain, or slathered in this tangy sweet sauce for even more flavor. Be sure to reserve extra sauce; your guests won’t be able to get enough.
For the sliders:
- 2 pounds Certified Piedmontese ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 slider size buns, sliced in half
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to combine the mixture and then divide it into 12 patties.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Grill burgers for 3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
For the sauce:
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
In a large skillet, sauté diced onion in butter until onions are soft (about 5 minutes). Add both sugars and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
Place burgers on individual slider buns. Top with a spoonful of warm sauce. Serve immediately.