Mesquite-Grilled Ribeye & Red Pepper “Churrasco”
by Clifford Pleau, Chef , Seasons 52, ,
I like to serve this with organic salad, brown rice, and fresh avocado. This recipe is inspired by my son, Ian; He likes ribeye and roasted red pepper.
- 1 pound Certified Piedmontese ribeye steak, cut into 1½- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Char Crust seasoning
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1½- to 2-inch squares
- 2 metal or bamboo skewers
- Fresh basil leaves
Cut the meat and place in a bowl. Combine all ingredients, except red pepper and basil, and coat the ribeye cubes well to marinate.
Lightly sauté the pepper squares in olive oil for one minute. Allow to cool.
Assemble the skewers, alternating beef cubes with pepper squares and basil leaves.
Cook skewers over a hot, mesquite-wood, coal fire or grill for about 2 minutes per side. Turn skewers to caramelize all sides evenly.