Pan-Seared Sirloin Steak With Mushroom Sauce
by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
- 4 Certified Piedmontese sirloin steaks
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Generously salt and pepper both sides of steaks. To a pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Add the steaks and cook until browned on both sides. Set the steaks aside.
In the same pan, sauté shallots, garlic, and mushrooms in hot oil. Add the wine, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley. Add the steaks back to the pan and cook until the meat is cooked to the desired internal temperature and the sauce has thickened.