Homemade ranch dressing is surprisingly simple, using ingredients that you likely have on hand. This version is a little thicker, perfect for spreading over any sandwich.
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, preferably coarsely ground, to taste
Combine all ingredients. Chill before serving.