Rise & Rosé
by Leslee Miller, Certified Sommelier, Amusée, Twin Cities, Minnesota
- 2 cups ripe cherries (pitted)
- 2 cups strawberries (quartered)
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 (750-mL) bottles Austrian Zweigelt Rosé*
- 4 ounces Cointreau
- 4 ounces rum
- 2 ounces mint-infused simple syrup, or to taste (recipe follows)
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- *Certified Sommelier Leslee Miller suggests sparkling Zweigelt Rosé, but any brand will do.
Combine all ingredients in a large beverage dispenser, pitcher, or jar and let rest overnight in the refrigerator. Serve over ice with fresh sliced fruit for garnish.
- Citrus-Infused Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- Mint extract or mint leaves, as needed
Combine water, sugar, and mint extract or mint leaves in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Once the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.