Skirt Steak Wrap With Roasted Vegetables
by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
Use a bounty of in-season veggies for this savory and delicious steak wrap.
- 2 spinach tortillas
- 2 teaspoons prepared basil pesto
- 1 (16-ounce) Certified Piedmontese skirt steak, cooked to preference and sliced
- 8 ounces mixed roasted vegetables (such as fennel, zucchini, sweet onions, carrots, mushrooms)*
- 2 ounce arugula
- Butter, as needed for toasting
- *To roast vegetables, prep and chop them and spread onto a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven until golden brown.
Toast the spinach tortillas on a grill for a minute or two. Lightly spread each with pesto. Top with cooked and sliced skirt steak, roasted vegetables, and arugula. Wrap tightly and toast in a hot pan with butter. Serve with side salad (recipe follows).
- Side Salad
- ½ cup mixed greens
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces shaved fennel
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
Combine mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and shaved fennel in a small serving bowl. Dress salad with olive oil and orange juice. Serve immediately.