Slow-Roasted Brisket With Smoked Paprika & Sea Salt Rub
by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
- 1 (48-ounce) Certified Piedmontese brisket flat
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Dry Rub
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°F. Take brisket out of refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes before cooking, then pat dry with paper towel. In a small bowl, combine all the rub ingredients and mix; Rub all over the brisket and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Transfer the brisket to a baking dish with butter and roast for 5 to 6 hours, until fork tender. Slice the brisket across the grain and serve.