by Jacquie Davis & Bernard Peluso, Chefs, STEAKZ Roadhouse Tavern and Grill, Waterbury, Connecticut
It’s important to think about textures when composing a burger, from the tenderness of the patty, to the crispness of the lettuce. In this burger, tortilla ribbons add a bit of crunch.
- 2 (8-ounce) Certified Piedmontese ground beef patties
- Makes about ¼ cup
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine ingredients. Generously season burger patties with rub mixture and grill to desired doneness.
- Buttermilk ranch dressing
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Tabasco chipotle sauce
Combine ingredients and spread on top and bottom of a buttered and toasted brioche roll.
- Thick slice of pepperjack cheese
- Grilled piquillo pepper or red bell pepper
- Chipotle-Ranch Remoulade
- Tri-color tortilla ribbons for crunch
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Brioche roll, buttered and toasted
Pairing: Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA