- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 pound Certified Piedmontese ground beef
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese + extra for garnish
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchini
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Marinara sauce, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a bowl, combine the beef, parsley, garlic, pancetta, parmesan, and egg and season with salt and pepper.
Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch thick round slices. Use a melon baller or small spoon to scoop out the center of each zucchini round, making a small well but not piercing through to the bottom. Fill the “shells” with the meat mixture.
Line a roasting pan with parchment paper. Arrange the zucchini in the pan and sprinkle with additional parmesan. Sprinkle a little white wine over the zucchini.
Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm with a little marinara sauce drizzled on top.