Tennessee BBQ Burger
by Jacquie Davis & Bernard Peluso, Chefs, STEAKZ Roadhouse Tavern and Grill, Waterbury, Connecticut
Homemade barbecue sauce comes together quicker and easier than you might think. In a pinch, however, you can certainly use any sauce you have on hand for these burgers.
- 2 (8-ounce) Certified Piedmontese ground beef patties
- Salt and pepper
Season burgers with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness.
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s Honey Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat. Simmer for 10 more minutes stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Apple wood smoked bacon
- Smoked Gouda cheese
- Caramelized onions
- Brioche roll, buttered and toasted
- Frisee or iceberg lettuce
Pairing: Samuel Adams Boston Lager