Thai Steak Salad With Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
by Ariane Duarte, Chef , CulinAriane, Montclair, N.J.
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Piedmontese bavette steak
- Olive oil, as needed
- Sea salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 jalapeño, slivered
- 12 sprigs cilantro, stemmed and lightly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and julienned
- 1 red onion, slivered
- 6 cups mixed lettuce
- Cilantro-lime vinaigrette, as needed (recipe below)
Preheat grill to high heat—between 400°F and 450°F.
Drizzle bavette steak with a little olive and season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice the steak thinly on the bias.
In a large salad bowl, combine the steak, jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, red onion, and lettuce. Drizzle about 1/4 cup of vinaigrette and lightly toss the salad with your hands until lettuce is coated. Sprinkle with sea salt and taste for seasoning.
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Whisk all ingredients together. Drizzle over salad and serve.
Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc