Tomato Salad With Tomato Vinaigrette
by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound assorted small tomatoes, sliced or halved
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced jalapeño
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Arrange all of the tomatoes on a large platter. Sprinkle with jalapeño and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with Tomato Vinaigrette (recipe follows) and serve.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced tarragon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, tarragon, vinegar, and water. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar or bottle and serve or refrigerate for later use.